- 9 days of solid riding for over 1,000kms
- The Shootout, google it, a solid ride. The Canadian Olympic tri team was in town and I soon realized I was riding beside Simon Whitfield, Kathy Tremblay, Lauren Groves, Kyle Jones and Samantha McGlone. Not a bad line up!
- Catching up with Nat Faulkner at the start of the shootout (aka, Dreamcrusher) google him as well, pretty neat story.
- Riding the front of the Shootout at 450 watts - felt good to be back into swing of biking HARD!
- Mt. Lemmon, 22 miles and 8,000 feet elevation in 1:45 averaging 269 watts. I blew up around 9 miles and 5,500 feet but carried on all be it VERY painfully.
- 160km ride around Tucson with the boys.
- Mt. Lemmon #2: 1 hour up at 280 watts attacking at the spot I cracked 3 days previous. Made it to 11.5 miles and 6,500 feet elevation at my self imposed 1 hour time limit. NICE way to end the camp.
- MECHANICALS! The team had 3 broken spokes and about a dozen flats. Otherwise, we faired very well thanks to Ralph and his team at Fair Wheel bikes. A GREAT local bike store.
And most of all, the team. A great group of guys I joined this year. Train hard, like their wines, and share great laughs. A superb dynamic! Thanks crew.
What's next? 10 day mini-run boot camp in prep for Boston Marathon April 20th.