Saturday, September 5, 2009

Green Mountain STage Race: Stage 1 and the best B&B EVER!

I am racing the Green Mountain Stage Race this weekend (www.gmsr.info) and we are staying at the most wonderful B&B suite in South Sarotoga called Windy Dog Hill (www.windydoghill.com) Richard and Barbara are amazing hosts and taking great care of our little puppy Gatsby! He loves it here, 16 acres of pure Vermont playground!

Stage 1: 5.7 mile TT mostly uphill

Stats:
- avg watts 354
- time 16:12
- placed 46th out of 77 (ouch) 1+ minutes back
- feeling = death

My diaphram cramped like a mo-fo! Been awhile since that injury reared its ugly head. Overall a good start but I am mid ranks with the Cat 2 crew. I caught my 30 second guy at 2:30 into it, ah...started too hard do you think? I was caught by the guy behind me 10 minutes in but I was able to keep him in sight.

Stage 2 is a circuit race of about 12 miles per lap and a climb in each lap. Tomorrow, stage 3, is the queen stage up App Gap. 39/27 gear ratio and I bet I will still be doing 60RPM. Stage 4 is a crit in Burlington VT, home of www.phish.com

Maybe today I start an adventure for King of the Mountains (KOM)?????? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment